Maintaining a fun, safe, and respectful environment for all attendees is Kyokai Con’s first priority.
Kyokai Con prohibits harassment and discrimination of any kind. Any incidents will be met with appropriate action.
Any and all reports will be responded to immediately by Kyokai Con staff. In the event of harassment, staff will take any action deemed necessary, including but not limited to: warning the offender, expulsion from the event without refund, and/or contacting the appropriate authorities.
If someone is being harassed or feels uncomfortable while attending Kyokai Con,
Please report the incident as soon as possible to any staff member, volunteer or police officer. All event and venue staff will be in clearly marked shirts and will be stationed throughout the convention center. A volunteer can always be found at the Information Booth.
Please do not hesitate to report an incident to event staff, even if it may seem small. We want to ensure that all of our attendees feel safe and comfortable while attending the event and eliminate any threats to the attendees’ experience and well being. The sooner you can report the incident the better so we can gather information and act quickly.
1. Pictures and video taken by Kyokai Con official photographers and videographers during the event
are the property of Kyokai Con and may be used for advertising for future events or as posts on
Kyokai Con’s social media.
2. When photographing attendees, vendors, or anyone else in attendance at the event, please ask for
3. Do not obstruct walkways, entrances, and/or exits when photographing/recording.
1. Functional weapons of any kind are not permitted.
2. Simulated weapons must be non-firing and have a brightly colored cap.
3. Approved materials for prop weapons are: foam, rubber, cardboard, plastic, and papier-mâché.
4. Metal weapons are not permitted. Metal weapons include metal swords, blades, bats, knives, saws,
5. Smoke, pyrotechnics, and projectiles are not allowed.
6. Any weapons that may be purchased from vendors at Kyokai Con such as pocket knives, swords,
replica weapons etc. that would otherwise be prohibited by the weapons policy must remain secure
in the original packaging while on Harlingen Convention Center property.
1. Kyokai Con is a family friendly event. Costumes deemed lewd, obscene, and/or offensive by
Kyokai Con or Harlingen Convention Center Staff will not be permitted into the event.
2. Please be considerate of other attendees and be aware of your surroundings.
Disruptive and/or inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated.
3. Bags and backpacks are allowed, but are subject to a bag check.
4. Some form of footwear is required. For safety reasons, bare feet will not be permitted while
on the convention floor.